"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Stick To It

I was reading an article in Reader's Digest's December 2009 issue and the author wrote about a comment that I found so very true in every aspect of life, but especially in my weight loss journey. It is something I'm still learning to do.

While telling the story of Todd Carmichael's solo trek to the south pole he quoted Carmichael as saying, "You can never stray from your routine," he said. "If you rely on adrenaline or emotion, you burn out. Inspiration comes from doing the work, not as a catalyst to do the work."

I've nothing more to add, but just send it out there as something to think about.


Note: I looked on Reader's Digest's website to see if I could show you the article, but it's not available there yet. However, you can read an interview with this man here at SkinnyMoose.com. Talk about taking on a tough task.

3 comments:

  1. Really interesting quote. He's saying that it's not enough to just be inspired in your mind, but rather the inspiration comes after the work is really occuring. That makes a lot of sense.

    Thanks for posting this as it gives me a lot to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and I thought he was also saying that you have to stick to it even when you don't feel like. For me, I know it's easy to be inspired to do things when I feel like it, but when I don't well, therein lies the problem. I have to stick it out no matter what.

    This guy was definitely interesting to read about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome quote.

    Now if only I could limit the number of things I'm inspired to do so I won't lose focus on all of them.

    ReplyDelete