"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Monday, December 7, 2009

Off For Good

During my monthly cycle it's often hard to find the motivation to stay on track and not feel like the weight will never come off. Yada, yada, etc. etc. I've eaten chocolate and salt this evening like it's going out of style. Again, not like I used to, but more than probably necessary.

However, I was reminded while reading some weight loss blogs just now that I am in this for the long haul, and my weight is coming off for good. I may be the slowest at weight loss, but whatever I've lost so far is gone and never coming back on. I'm also not giving up and I know that I will win this battle in the end.

That's about as positive as I can be right now, so I'll stop there. :) Take care "y'all" and have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. Good for you, and your positive talk! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was JUST pondering that today...a couple of days before I "start," I'm bouncing back and forth between sweets and salty stuff. Then I don't seem to regain control for another two weeks. I haven't tracked it; maybe I should.

    If what you lost is never coming back, that's great!! wish I could say the same for me. I feel like I'm one of those first inventors of the airplane where you see the film of them taking off a few feet then crashing, a few feet then crashing, and so on. But now those things fly, and someday so will I...and so will you!

    Better than before...better than before (that's my mantra...did you see Diane's post?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you are not the slowest in weight loss, because at least the scale is moving! Not quick, but moving. That's the main thing.

    I completely understand the TOM blues. They are hard to keep focused through. I usually just want to eat a whole pan of brownies and have a bunch of coffee. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori - Yep, sometimes I have to choose to stay positive or I'll drown in self pity.

    Gina - WE WILL FLY!!! Trust me... 22 pounds in six months has meant lots of crashing.

    Diane - Brownies and coffee...that's me!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete