"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Self-Worth

I have a post in the making that I'm trying to put together on this topic, but it's not quite ready.

In the meantime, I do want to take a minute to say that I don't agree with the mentality that people can only find self worth when they are thin and fit and eat healthy foods.

We need to love ourselves as we are, no matter what the weight, or we're putting too much of an emphasis on weight in our lives.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to be healthy and striving to be fit, but that "being healthy and just plain feeling better" should be the motivation..not being skinny and thinking that only then will you feel worthy of being you.

When I get my thoughts straightened out I'll share more... :)

3 comments:

  1. There seems to be a fine line between wanting to be healthy and fit for the "right" reason and for the "potentially wrong one." I have to admit I had a hard time loving myself at 305 pounds - I wish I had, but I just felt so miserable, out of control, and ugly.

    The one redeeming thing in that time of my life was that my hubby was always loving and supportive. That really helped me believe there was still some good inside of me.

    I think you have made some really great points and one we all need to hear - no matter what our weight or appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way with you on that. We can only love ourselves/have fun/enjoy life when we're perfect? I don't get that. Never have.

    ReplyDelete