"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Hot 100 - Update #9


Well, it's time to update again...actually I'm behind. I knew it was due Monday, but totally forgot to do it yesterday.

Anyway, here are my December goals for the Hot 100 Challenge:

Scale Goal: Lose at least 5 pounds during December, also known as the highest weight-gain season of the year and baking time!!!
Emotional Goal: Enjoy the holidays without feeling obligated to eat or taste everything. Learn that I don't have to feel like I'm missing out or deprived just because I choose to say no to licking the batter spoon every time or eating 3 cookies every time I bake.

Well, I'm not down five pounds yet, but I have been exercising regularly and I've been watching portions.

I had a test on the emotional goal last weekend when I was visiting with family for three days. The first night I got into town we went for a late dinner with my parents who had also just arrived. During the course of dinner my sister-in-law announces our plans for the next couple of days:
We're going to drive to our favorite breakfast place
tomorrow morning, then we're going out to this amazing Italian restaurant after the graduation. Saturday morn
ing we're going to eat breakfast at this wonderful place right by your hotel and then Saturday night my parents are doing a big bar-b-q at their house.

I laughed and handled it all pretty well. I ate wonderful things at each place,but I ate half of the restaurant servings and at the Italian restaurant I had two bites of each dish she had brought to the table. I didn't need to eat lunch, because I was too full from breakfast both days. :)

Three things I noticed on this trip:
  • I wasn't afraid of eating half of my food even though everyone else was finishing all of there food.
  • I noticed that my stomach doesn't take well to large amounts of grease. I ate smaller servings, but my tummy was a bit upset before bed each night. hhmm....
  • I noticed I have a hard time saying no to food when I'm really not that hungry. I caught myself doing some boredom eating on the drive and made myself stop. Then at the dinner when we got to town and then when I got home Saturday night I wasn't really hungry, but I ate a little bit anyway. It made me a little sick because I wasn't really hungry and the greasy food didn't set well with me. However, because I hadn't had a full meal in a while I felt like I should eat. Nope. I need to learn to say, "No, I'm just not hungry yet."

I've continued doing lots of baking for Christmas. I've really enjoyed it and I haven't been eating much of it at all. Most of it is for giving away, but even what I don't give away I just have had one and I haven't been licking the bowl or my fingers!!!

So, my December emotional goal for this challenge continues to be met and I'm very grateful for that. I still have about ten days to see if I can lose that five pounds. Honestly, I'm just at a point where I'll be happy if I maintain or lose anything at all.

Below is proof that I've used my finger to clean the beaters, but it went right into the bowl - not my mouth.

4 comments:

  1. Yay for you! You're doing great! I'm going to be at my parent's for a week, and I know I'm going to be challenged a lot this week! With God's strength I hope to get through it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally a frosting junky. Good job resisting. And I like how you seem in-tune to how you are feeling (I just go numb and forget to listen to my body).

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leah, I think you have done just fine considering the circumstances. It is always hard to stay on plan when we are out of our normal routine, especially when we are traveling. Pushing the mixture off the beaters into the bowl is a huge victory if you ask me. I could eat raw cookie dough (I am assuming that is what it is) until I was full as a tick. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful all the way around. You really seem to have mastered that elusive self control in circumstances that many people find difficult. I'm really proud of you and happy for you!

    I too cannot eat much greasy food at all. I literally feel sick to my stomach for hours afterwards.

    I hope the next few days are full of joy!

    ReplyDelete